Menu
Kempo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Regularly have to reboot Superhub 2

We've had a Superhub 2 for few years and for the most part it's sat under the stairs and worked perfectly. We have a few wired connections and the wireless signal has always been great throughout the entire house.

Over the last few months it's been regularly acting up and needing a manual power cycle to become responsive again. 1 of 3 exciting situations randomly occurs every 1-2 days:

1: All wireless connections are dropped and devices are unable to reconnect, our network will still be shown in available WiFi lists. If any wired devices happen to be in use at the time (usually only the PlayStation 4 or Apple TV) they continue to have Internet access. My wife just sent me this screenshot, this is the usual outcome and the one we're experiencing now:

IMG_5389.PNG.png

At this point we have to power cycle the hub.

2: The second scenario is that wireless devices will remain connected to the network with full signal strength, but be unable to connect to the Internet. The WiFi list will note that the network has no Internet access, however wired devices will usually remain online. Despite the network connection the hub will be unresponsive at it's IP address, so a manual power cycle will again be necessary.

3: The third potential scenario is all wireless devices losing their connection and the network not being visible at all in the list. The network is also not found when I try entering the SSID manually. Again, wired connections continue to operate.

We don't have a massive house, and the majority of the time the wireless connection is at full strength even when I'm as far away as possible from the hub, regardless of the device in use. This is definitely not a signal strength issue. I've tried setting the channel manually and leaving it at "auto". Every day or every other day the hub will go into one of the above states. This can happen at any time of day, it's currently not working right now, it had to be restarted yesterday early evening and towards the end of last week needed a restart around midnight.

As wired connections rarely ever drop (that we can see, they might cut out when we're not using the devices), I can only assume there's something wrong with the hub.

0 Kudos
Kempo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regularly have to reboot Superhub 2

Just had to reboot it again, less than 48 hours since the last time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kempo, 

Thanks for your post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with having to reboot your Hub all the time, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tried to test the connection from here but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. In order to proceed with diagnostics I will need some details from you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) outlining what's required to proceed, please respond to me there and I''ll ensure this all gets sorted.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kempo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the response, I'll take this to PM!

0 Kudos