Menu
Kevling
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Regular (multiple daily) wifi dropouts and issues on Superhub 2 (wired is OK)

(Apologies for the double post, I originally posted this into an existing thread but got no response)

I have had the Superhub 2 for something like 6 months, and wifi has been awful ever since.

If I'm honest, it wasn't great on the Superhub 1 probably having to reboot it weekly, but now have issues daily.

1. Often the Internet just stops working on wifi, even though devices show as connected, and can still access the admin page (wired connection in my Mac is fine)

2. Sometimes switching from the 2.4ghz to the 5ghz SSID (or vice versa) works, often it refuses connection to the other SSID (saying wrong password entered), sometimes it asks for a username AND a password, rather than just the password, sometimes our iPads tell us the 5ghz SSID is on WEP, despite both SSIDs being WPA2-PSK(AES)

3. I have checked the wireless channels and ensure I am using a relatively quiet one with channels either side not in use, and signal strength is absolutely fine.

4. Sometimes, going into the admin console, changing and then undoing the change in the wifi setting forces it to spring back into life and start working again

As mentioned above, our Internet itself is working fine, our wifi is uncongested, the issue (as with everyone else in the thread I originally posted this in) is around what appears to be the flakey wifi on the Superhub 2 itself.

It sounds as though many are having a better time on the Superhub 2ac, so I am wondering if my 2 can be exchanged for one, or for a 3?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Regular (multiple daily) wifi dropouts & issues on Superhub 2 (wired is OK)

Hi Kevling, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you're having WiFi drop outs, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some tests on your connection form here and I can see that there's a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs and I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend in order to get this resolved for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Kevling
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot 2016-11-18 11.43.27.png 

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information (WAN IP) has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

[EDIT] Sorry for the oversight - screenshot reattached with WAN IP removed:-

Screenshot 2016-11-18 11.44.28.png

0 Kudos
Kevling
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot 2016-11-18 12.01.48.pngScreenshot 2016-11-18 12.05.26.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kevling, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you're having WiFi drop outs, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some tests on your connection form here and I can see that there's a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs and I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend in order to get this resolved for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kevling
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came on Thursday and swapped my hub out for a Superhub 3, and wifi has been solid for the past four days. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos