Menu
sdarlington
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recent WiFi connection issues?

Has anyone else seen recent problems with their SuperHub and WiFi connections?

I'm on the 200Mbps service with SuperHub 2 (I think: "Hardware Version 3.11"). There are a couple of devices connected via Ethernet and quite a few others using a combination of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi. It's mostly been pretty reliable.

But over the last month I'm seeing lots more connection issues. Devices that were previously connected ask for passwords -- often WEP passwords rather than WPA, which is what they really are!

There have been no recent changes at home. Using iStumbler I can see that the channels I'm using are uncontested.

Has there been a recent firmware update? It's on V1.01.31. Anything else it could be? 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent WiFi connection issues?

Hiya sdarlington,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your wireless connection.

Looking at your account, I can see that you are using the Super Hub in modem mode. Are you using your own router for the wireless connection?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sdarlington
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. When I posted the original question, no, I was using the SuperHub in "router" mode (as I have for the last year or so).

Earlier this week -- after I had to restart the SH twice in one day -- I dug out my old Apple router and switched the SuperHub to "modem mode" and haven't had any problems since. (So clearly this was a problem with the hub rather than the internet connection itself.)

I'm not keen to be running two devices instead of one, but this is clearly better. Has there been a recent firmware update or something else that might have degraded the performance?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sdarlington,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I understand that you don't want to be running two devices at the same time when you can use one.

You mentioned that the devices ask for a WEP password even though it was selected on WPA, this is an issue with the Super Hub 2. You can take a look at this thread if you wish > After weeks of randomly losing wifi connections I have found problem... how do I resolve?

When you get chance can you see if the router still does this please? If so I can arrange for a replacement to be sent to you.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sdarlington
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a long and confusing thread, but it does look very much like the same issue. As far as I can tell, it's the same hardware and, as you suggest, the parallel with it unilaterally switching to WEP security seems key. As with that thread, we have no problems with Ethernet devices and WiFi devices get a decent connection initially, but get kicked off and try (and fail) to re-authenticate a while later.

If the only solution is a replacement unit, I would be happy to accept one.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey sdarlington,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I'd be more than happy to arrange a replacement for you.

I'll confirm your address via PM (purple envelope, top right) and get it ordered right away.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sdarlington
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Excellent, thanks. I've just DM'd you.
0 Kudos