Menu
quigibo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Random disconnects from internet but rest of house fine.

I am having random disconnects on my PC while the rest of the house is fine. It happens roughly 5-10 mins after starting a game and I am the only one who disconnects. All other users (wireless and ethernet connected) have no issues. I have tried resetting both PC and Router but still keep getting the same issue.

This problem has been persisting for around three weeks and according to the internet test via VM there are no problems.

I am connected via ethernet cable directly to the router. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random disconnects from internet but rest of house fine.

Hi quigibo,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband connection on your PC.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine.

Do the PC only disconnect whilst gaming? Or does this happen on general browsing?

If it is only whilst gaming, does it happen on all games or just certain ones?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
quigibo
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

It only happens when gaming. I have no issues when browsing the internet. (Netflix, Youtube, Facebook ect,).

It happens with any online game I play. I have tried it with Overwatch, WoW, FFXIV, Sid Meyers Civ 6, Dota 2 and they all have disconnects around 5-10 mins in.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning quigibo,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Are you able to post some trace routes to the games servers for us to take a look at please?

Just out of curiosity, do you get the same disconnections if you try modem mode?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos