Menu
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

RPBLOCKas

Hi

I came home on Friday to find a card through my door from the Virgin Media Network team to advise me they had been working in the area and noticed a fault with my services. They said they would need access to my home to fix the issue. The card asked me to call 151 and ask them to book an engineer appointment and I was to quote RPBLOCK, this was important apparently and would ensure the Network team would be able to resolve quickly.

I discovered I had no broadband which has also impacted on my V6 boxes as a lot of the services are Internet dependant. There is also a problem with quite a lot of my TV channels as I am unable to load them. The TV channel issue has happened a number of times, each time an engineer calls he is unable to fix it and it has to be passed to a network engineer as the fault relates to power levels in the main box outside.

I called 151 and unfortunately got through to your oversees contact centre, what should have been a simple 5 minute call booking an engineer turned into 45 minutes of them failing to understand the issue. They had no idea what an RPBLOCK was a d insisted on trying various things to establish the fault rather than just book me an engineer.

After speaking to 2 agents and a manager I got the first appointment available for Tuesday evening. I notice when I log into My Virgin Media I am listed as having a problem with some TV services and that my broadband is fine.

I'm aware that the Network engineer is different from a technician who visits your house. Is there anyway you can check that I have the right type of engineer visiting on Tuesday that can fix an RPBLOCK. The card stressed the importance of quoting this but your contact centre had no idea what I was talking about.

Many thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: RPBLOCKas

Typical Offshore Call Center, you are quite correct that it should have been a 5 minute call to book an engineer, there is nothing Offshore could have done to resolve your problem.

The RPBLOCK is issued when a faulty piece of equipment such as a splitter is injecting noise into your local circuit. This noise can affect everyone connected to the local circuit, so if the Engineers cannot access your home to rectify the fault, they will disconnect you from the local circuit to remove the noise source to stop it interfering with other customers.

The VM Forum team take about a week to respond to threads, so I doubt this post will get answered before the tech visit.

The tech will visit your home and should be able to find the noise source and rectify. The tech then will then probably notify networks that the issue is fixed and the RPBLOCK can be removed. Whoever turns up should be capable of fixing the issue.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Typical Offshore Call Center, you are quite correct that it should have been a 5 minute call to book an engineer, there is nothing Offshore could have done to resolve your problem.

The RPBLOCK is issued when a faulty piece of equipment such as a splitter is injecting noise into your local circuit. This noise can affect everyone connected to the local circuit, so if the Engineers cannot access your home to rectify the fault, they will disconnect you from the local circuit to remove the noise source to stop it interfering with other customers.

The VM Forum team take about a week to respond to threads, so I doubt this post will get answered before the tech visit.

The tech will visit your home and should be able to find the noise source and rectify. The tech then will then probably notify networks that the issue is fixed and the RPBLOCK can be removed. Whoever turns up should be capable of fixing the issue.

Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Griffin

Nothing has changed recently other than having 2 V6 boxes installed so maybe something isn't quite right.

Just annoying having to go 4 days without internet. My teenage son thinks his life is over with no wi-fi or PS4 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Ferg,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Please accept my apologies for your recent loss of service, I appreciate it's frustrating.

I've just taken a look at your connection and I'm pleased to see that you're back up and running now.

Thanks for your patience, please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos