Menu
Nigelnovice
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ROKU 3 not installing/connecting

Hi

Just got a ROKU 3 for the bedroom (dont watch that much tv) as we had just inherited a nearly new TV, rather than cables all over and another virgin box I went for the ROKU eventually, I tried 2 Firesticks (from Argos) but took them back as they would not connect/install so went ROKU (twice as I took first one back) way so after after much trying without success using web help and ROKU live chat from USA and ROKU phone help from UK (who after 10 mins said take it back!!!) I took it to work today and BANG it was up in 5 seconds running (well twice now as I did it yesterday thinking I had cured it but no so back again today now pondering whether to try it) - well want to connect to wifi which is a no no at work (security) so after much head scratching and web search I can only presume it is BT and their with FON attempt at increasing their coverage by including it on their customers already p*ss poor service bleeding over my house hijacking at times our phones the wifes Laptop and preventing the ROKU remote from contacting the box by confusing it.
So main question then Virgin do I take it back and stare at a blank screen (no freeview due to valley we live and settop aerials not capable) or can you fix it Bob?

0 Kudos
Nigelnovice
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ROKU 3 not installing/connecting

p.s.
Just been sniffing around a BT forum and came across an old post re. with FON and how to turn it off (nigh on impossible) and a BT xpert said that a wifi device connecting to FON is a device problem and should change settings which could be OK but wrong as I have tried with Phones n Laptop the ROKU has not yet managed to be on long enough to finish setting up as the Remote is being hijacked from the start.

0 Kudos
Nigelnovice
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been having a few more goes but still no joy, so took it to work again, paired straight away, again due to security issues  not allowed internet access but got into hidden menu and turned ping off as per some posts on same subject.
I came home and the Remote not talking again so I turned my wifi off hard wire internet connection and still no talking so started the pairing process off and nope still no contact

so apart from launching it back at Argos and go without anybody got any suggestions??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nigelnovice,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues installing the ROKU 3.

Have you tried through a wired connection to see if that will connect?

Another test will be to try whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode.

I've checked your connection for any issues and the line/hub have come back as fine.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos