Menu
slowstar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quick Question 5g has disappeared

Hello
I have noticed for a month or so that i have my 2g (can connect ok to that )but not my 5g on my wireless connections ( have superhub2 router - have resett it did come back for a day then disappeared) i also seen another network called VM something ends with 36 and has an good signal keeps appearing within my wifi( then disappears and so on )I am not to techinal so could someone please at VM check my router/ signal ect as i am unsure why it keeps happening
I look forward to your help and replys
Slowstar
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick Question 5g has disappeared

Hi there Slowstar,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with your wireless network.

I've taken a look at your connection and everything is showing as fine with no errors.

When the 5 GHz is not available, does the light on the router stay on?

You can try to change the wireless channel (<click) just in case there is interference on the selected channel.

In regards to the other VM network you can see, this could be your neighbours connection.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
slowstar
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha_L
Thanks for getting back to me appericated.
When i connect upstairs 5GH appears and i connect via Iphone it blinks really quick is that normal?

Thanks for checking as i reset it aswell still keeps going on and off (5GH) i mean network ... I am abit scared to change channel as it says by yourselfs not to do it? So unsure what to do?

With VM i dont know any neighbours other than me that haves VM very odd

I look forward to your reply and help
0 Kudos
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was told on the 192. 168.0.1 router site to keep the settings on auto.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi slowstar,

Thanks for the reply.

With the 5 GHz light it will flash when there is a device connected to this network, that is fine. 

You can change the wireless channel as there might be interference on the selected channel.

If you are in the same room as the router and connected to the 5 GHz network do you get the same issue?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
slowstar
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha
Thank you again for your reply much appreciated
When I come in to the room upstairs and your near pc and router it shows full signal and I can connect via iPhone - it did go off my iPhone for about a split second and then it came back.

Its when I wish to connect say for example an ' Amazon fire box' you can choose what wifi - it appears ( 5GH) but it says 'out of range' so I always choose (2GH) I just get abit confused as to why its appears in wifi network and then disappears and then I get the other VM36 network and suddenly will appear but not much of a signal in less your in the room upstairs via router.

I will try and do what you have suggested and I look forward to your reply
Merry Christmas
0 Kudos