Menu
richard127
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Public IP problem

I live in Peterborough, Cambs but my public IP address is set right next door to Virgin Media's Belfast Office in Northern Ireland. I have been turned down for 2 online purchases recently as their software thinks I'm in NI and they state they can only deliver to mainland UK! This is a pain in the rear and I really don't want my IP set in another country.

Is there any way of changing my public IP on superhub 3. I've done some Google research and the answers, so far, have been contradictory and confusing.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Public IP problem

In would be contacting the site to update their geolocation system, since nothing much virgin can do about, you could use a UK proxy or enabling modem mode using a 3rd party router
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ip addresses are assigned automatically by the network, so the only way to get a new ip address is to put the hub into modem mode or power it off for a week.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In would be contacting the site to update their geolocation system, since nothing much virgin can do about, you could use a UK proxy or enabling modem mode using a 3rd party router
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution