Menu
SamanthaMedia
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ps3 failing to obtain IP address

Hiya can anyone help me please. I am so useless at all this. My Ps3 is now all of.a sudden failing to obtain it's IP address and I don't know where I would fine it or how I find my WAP or WAN. It asks for alsorts of passwords that I don't understand, please help me xx
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps3 failing to obtain IP address

Hi SamanthaMedia,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your PS3.

If the console is connecting to the wireless and asking for the password, this will be written underneath the router, providing it hasn't been changed.

If you are connecting through wired this will connect automatically.

Do you get any error messages on the sign when trying to connect?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SamanthaMedia
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No it's always been connected through wireless, automatically connecting using my wireless password from my router but now it won't work. It asks for an IP address which I don't have (or at least don't know how to find). I've had to put my yellow cable in instead and use the wired option which is a nuisance.

Having a lot of issues with Virgin at the moment to be honest. Can't wait until my 18 months runs out
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SamanthaMedia,

I am sorry that this issue continues for you. Further tests of your connection reveal low modem & channel SNR along with high downstream power levels. The upstream network segment is showing low SNR and I have escalated this to Networks.

The fault reference is F005050905 and I've noted this on your account.

However I am not convinced this is the original cause of the issues you reported on here, as the SNR only seems to have dipped within the past few days.

For the problems relating to your wireless PS3 connection I would advise that you:

Let us know how you get on, and I'll keep you updated with any progress news on the SNR fault.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos