Menu
Bazzz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Progressively getting worse

Ok, so we recently got our up-to 200mb/s upgrade and gerally we get decent speeds.

Over the last three weeks it's been getting progressively worse with complete drops multiple times a day.

Here's my router Downstream status for the last week.

router_downstream_2016-12-29.PNG

As you can see we're having a lot of timeouts.  CAn someone look into this? Cheers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Progressively getting worse

Your downstream power levels are borderline low, but just within VM specs. The upstream power levels and network log would be useful as well.

You are showing some negative RS errors but this is just a glitch in the software, rebooting the hub should fix it. Don't  know where you are getting the timeouts from.

Are you connecting wired or wirelesssly?  If wirelessly I would test wired directly to the hub to test if the actual connection to VM's servers is dropping or it is just wireless dropping oit.

0 Kudos
Bazzz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, here's upstream and the last few network logs from today

Rebooting thr router fixes things for a while but the problem just recurs.

Router_upstream_2016_12_29.PNGRouter_network_log_2016_12_29.PNG

0 Kudos
Bazzz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh, and we're connecting both wireless and wired via 2 desktops and 2 phones.  All experience the dropouts.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your upstream is running a tad warm.

The log table is full and needs clearing as it is repeating the same T3 error. However, there are a few T3 errors and T1 errors showing on the counters suggesting the hub may be struggling to communicate technical info with VM's servers.

I think VM need to take a closer look at your connection and investigate the mardinal power levels you can either by wait here about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

0 Kudos
Bazzz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, I'll hang on till one of the team picks it up. I imagine they're a tad busy and probably a bit understaffed at the moment.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bazzz, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to learn about your issues with your connection dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some tests from here and I can see a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs and your downstream power levels are on the lower side of the scale, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out