Menu
murof
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Facebook?

We seem to have a lot of problems with Facebook with our Virgin Media connection at home, particularly when watching video clips.  They seem to start ok, but within a couple of seconds start buffering very badly.

This is happening with all our phones (and guests) when using WiFi.  If we change to mobile data, or use a different WiFi provider (eg a friends house with BT broadband or a work WiFi) then everything is fine.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Facebook?

Hello murof,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with Facebook. Do you have difficulties streaming from YouTube or other video streaming sites? You might find that changing your wireless channel improves the performance of your connection too.

Please get back to us to let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
murof
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying to help, I had already tried that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello murof,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault that has been reported in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F005219661 and has a review date of 6th December.

I can see from your other thread > Intermittent network problems, my colleague Josh has sent you a PM to arrange an engineer appointment.

If you can keep one thread open for replies please as this will keep the conversation together and be less confusing.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos