Menu
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Problems with 2.4GHz connection

Having problems with devices connections to the 2.4GHz.  5GHz is fine and if I change the device to 5GHz it works so the problem is Deffo 2.4 GHz

The device is connected to the 2.4GHz but no Internet connection.  A reboot of the router resolves so it seems to be a router that's the problem 

I have superhub2 on a slow 200mb connection but since the 5GHz connects the issue am thinking the slow speed is a separate issue.

0 Kudos
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with 2.4GHz connection

Are there any diagnostics that I can run or log files to check when it knocks off ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Steveo67,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the wireless connection problems you're experiencing. I wonder if you've tried changing your wireless channel yet? Often this will help with problems caused by wireless interference.

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hearher,

Thank you for your reply. I have changed channels bit it still happens. To be hinest it tends to be Apple devices which are affected more. I am #TeamAndroid and dobt really have a problem but my wife and children are #AppleHeads and bieng Dad I have to fix everything so even i am getteing p'd off now
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steveo67

Thanks for the update, I wonder if there is something going on with the hub, always so difficult to to be sure with wireless. May be worth trying a factory reset Resetting your Virgin Media Hub

Please let us know how that goes.

We do have a problem with slow peak time speeds in the area by the way, we would like to carry out some work to remedy the situation ref F004952644 with a current review date of 09 AUG 2017. I notice that you have already called in about it, please accept our apologies.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Nicola for your reply.  I am well aware of the slow speed F004952644 (formally known as F002896495)  this issue has been ongoing for over 3 (THREE) years. 

I dont see how this affects the 2.4GHz channel on mainly apple devices while the 5GHz remains connected all be it slow a peak times 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steveo67,

I wonder if your Hub is reaching the end of it's life? It is reporting low modem SNR and that, combined with your wireless frequency issues lends me to think a replacement is in order. 

I have ordered a new Hub for you, details below:

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Full setup and activation instructions will be included.

Keep me updated on how you get on Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
didger2007
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Rrrrrrr, if only everybody with disappointing WIFi, were to be offered a newer, more reliable SuperHub

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi didger2007,

We can offer replacement Hubs when the current hardware is considered faulty. What issues are you having? Please explain what's happening (or not happening) and what remedial measures you've tried so far and I'll look into this for you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
roman126
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issues with the 2.4 GHz connection, I would say that at least 2 times a week the connection drops and requires a restart, no issues what so ever with 5 GHz, it’s got to the point that I don’t use 2.4 GHz due to its unreliability. I too was thinking it was my router since i never used to have issues & the frequency makes me think it’s not interference. I too have had a play around with different channels which had no effect.

0 Kudos