Menu
Myriad
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems connecting to apps with new Superhub 3.11

Just got a new super hub (hardware version 3.11, software version 1.01.29) and I am unable to log in or use certain apps on mobile devices. The web browsers work on them but not the apps. I've tried reinstalling them, restarting the device but it didn't help. It was working fine before the "upgrade". What leads me to believe it is a problem with the network is that it is affecting multiple (select) apps on an android phone and an iPad. The apps work when I am connected to my mobile data network.

Could anyone suggest anything that could possibly help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems connecting to apps with new Superhub 3.11

Hi Myriad,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with some apps with the new hub. If this is only affecting some apps then it may be a port issue that needs opening. What apps are you having trouble with? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Myriad
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_G thanks for replying Smiley Happy 

The two apps that I'm having trouble with in particular are Snapchat and Tinder.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Myriad,

Most of the team here use Snapchat regularly and we've never had to make any changes so that's a strange one. There might be some corrupt rule in the hub that's causing this so I'd first of all suggest a full factory reset. To do this hold a pin or something narrow in the reset hole at the back of the hub for a full minute. This should take your hub back to default so save your settings beforehand. 

Give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
oldskoolskater
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Did this get resolved?

I cannot access snapchat via my super hub 3 but its fine on other peoples (non- virgin media) wifi connections and 3G.

I've also added snapchat.com as an exception through web safe but this did not work unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there oldskoolskater,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are unable to access Snapchat.

Does this happen on all your devices or just the one?

Have you tried a factory reset as mentioned by my colleague John?

You can try to turn off Web Safe to see if that allows you access?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos