Menu
gabeszt
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problem with wifi for over a year now!!!

I am typing this whilst on the phone to virgin again, really this has to be worst experience of my life regarding any type of services. Happy to have nightmares than calling your customer service.

My internet was all fine for a number of years but since 12-14 months this whole saga started with the intermittent wifi. I had God knows how many tech visits, routers changed and it's doing the same thing.

You are talking using skype and it drops, you reconnect in 2-3 minutes (whilst the person on the other side is wondering where you went) then 10 minutes later it drops again.
You call India, they reset ,restart the router, put you on another wifi channel and promise that this issue will not happen ever again in your life (someone really needs to teach them what the word promise means) but it does, soon after you finish the call.

I mean really, £115 a month for this? It has to be biggest rip off out there.

No apologies, no nothing.
Once I asked to speak to a manager and after I mentioned to the guy that, sometimes I work from home and I really can't afford this issue, he said, well maybe you should just cancel it then. Smiley Happy
Unfortunately I do travel a lot with my work, so I didn't have the chance to do so but, I am happy to say that, the next tech visit will be the last one for sure.

Just be honest and say, there is a network issue in your street that would cost us too much to fix, go elsewhere...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with wifi for over a year now!!!

Hi there gabeszt,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've managed to locate your account and noticed the downstream power levels are too high. I appreciate you have already had engineer visits, however I would like to arrange to get these adjusted. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There has also been work completed at the local exchange which has seen you move onto a different cable and the traffic is running low, which is good. 

In regards to the wireless disconnecting, does this happen on all your devices or just one? Do you have any issues whilst connecting through Ethernet?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gabeszt
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha_L,

Thank you for replying, I had a quick look but I don't seem to have any private messages apart from the Welcome letter.

I called customer service at least  5-10 times in the past 2 weeks but I don't think there is any point in doing that and I can't be asked to spend more time on the phone with these "experts" than my own family, when I come home from work.  I will write a lengthy official complaint about this but in the meantime is there any other option that I can chose from? 

Regarding your question, I'm not using an Ethernet cable at but I will buy one tomorrow to have look. Also, when the wifi disconnects it affects all devices not only one. Sometimes you can tell the internet is off just by looking at the router as the arrow light is green but it's not always the case.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon..

thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello gabeszt,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've not received Sam's PM, I will resend this now so please check your inbox again (purple envelope, top right). We will need to get an engineer to you to take care of the power levels, so please reply via PM when you see this message.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gabeszt
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I had to revive this old topic of mine as unfortunately we keep on having the same issue with the internet dropping.
It is 9:55AM on the 3rd October 2017 and my girlfriend called me saying the internet dropped at least 3 or 4 times within the hour. The same thing happened last night while we were watching Netflix. Within one hour we had at least 4 "toilet breaks". And this is happening every single day, at least when we're home.

Today my girlfriend is supposed to work from home (as do I occasionally) but as you can imagine this is almost impossible. Her company can also monitor her status, so it's not very good if they see someone not connected to the server for up to 15 minutes within the hour.

I am really trying to remain civilized here but trust me this is very difficult. Something like this is unacceptable, honestly. I am paying almost £115 a month for this package? Not sure what's happening in the SW19 area but this is ridiculous and a joke. 

I believe I have a complaint ticket open as well and I would like to know if there is a way to get some money back for this "service"? Even more important if I can just do this online. To be honest, I am tired of calling you (I probably did at least 20-25 times in the past year) and I don't really want to see another 18-20 year old "engineer" playing around with the cables and his diagnostic tool. Clearly nothing has changed and this is not down to a new router etc...

Most likely we will cancel this subscription very soon, just have to find an alternative company. It's a shame because when the broadband was working it was very fast, but that is a distant memory now. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello gabeszt

I am sorry you are having problems with the connection, I am unable to see any problems in the area. I can see the hub is locked on but unfortunately I am unable to view any levels at the moment, please would you be kind enough to post them (To access open a browser, navigate to 192.168.0.1 if in router mode or 192.168.100.1 if in modem only mode, just click on "check router status" in the middle of the screen, please post downstream/upstream levels and hub log)

Do you notice that the problem is on wireless devices or Ethernet as well?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
durble
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just cancel your contract.I have problems with mine.I will tether my phone and use that, I will have to upgrade my contract,thankfully its not on VirginMedia
0 Kudos