Menu
Neilwillis
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Problem with iPhone saying password is incorrect

Sometimes (not always) when I switch on my iPhone 6 (ver. 9.3.1) and try to log on to my home network, when I select the 2.4 G network I am asked to provide the password and up pops "incorrect password", but it is the correct password.  I can try a few times but get the same response but if I ignore it will eventually connect on it's own accord - can anyone help.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with iPhone saying password is incorrect

Hi Neilwillis,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your iphone. It sounds like the settings you have saved may be conflicting or corrupted. I'd suggest first of all selecting that network and choosing to 'Forget this Network'. Once this is done, connect to the network again as if for the first time and you should be back to working properly again.

Let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Timbajoe
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with iPhone saying password is incorrect

My iPhone isn't connecting to my wifi .. it's happened a few times and has worked once I turned off my box and back on again .. this time my iPhone and iPad won't connect .. it's it the list but said unable to join network .. so I've rest my network settings on my iPad and tried to rejoin and it says password incorrect .. I forgot the wifi from my iPhone and tried to rejoin and says password incorrect ... the password is on the box so isn't incorrect. I've tried switching off the box n back on again but still doesn't work. The wifi is in my list but just keeps saying password incorrect on both iPad and iPhone .. I need help
0 Kudos