Menu
selloveday
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Powerline 1000 + WiFi Problem

We've recently purchased the Powerline 1000 + WiFi to extend  our Virgin Cable Broadband network. I've followed the instructions on the Virgin help pages but don't seem to be having much luck. I've connected the adapter without the aerials to our router and then plugged the other adapter in a different  wall socket. However when I try and pair them, nothing happens. I press and hold the security button on the first adapter and according to the instructions it is then supposed to flash but it doesn't??

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Sarah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline 1000 + WiFi Problem

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to read that you're having trouble with your Powerline Adapters.

You might find it easier to plug them both in right next to each other when you're attempting to pair them, it saves you from running between them if you intend on them being in different areas of your home. Both plugs need to be on the same power circuit and not connected via extension leads when they're pairing.

I'm not sure if you've see this help article, but it does explain this process in more detail.

If you're still struggling, please let us know.

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
selloveday
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline 1000 + WiFi Problem

Hi Heather,

Thanks for responding. We've got them next to each other in the same wall socket. We followed the instructions contained in your link and also the video. The problem seems to be that with the step that secures the network. We press the security button on one adaptor (the one with the aerials) and the  light flashes as you would expect, however when we press the security button on the other adaptor (the one without aerials that's connected to the router) nothing happens and the light doesn't flash as it should according to the instructions or video.

I'm not sure if this is a faulty unit?

0 Kudos