Menu
tehstevo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possible Network Maintenance?

Hi all i'll try make this quick and simple. 

Never had a problem with my net up until early October, of a night time when im playing my games my ping/ms/latency shoots up when someone simply watch's a youtube video on their phone via wireless or even if i watch youtube, so i check my speed and in the day its spot on but come 6pm im getting speeds as slow as 2mbps and its getting to the point after well over a month that games are unplayable (i play PC wired to the hub) 

Was wondering if anyone was able to check if any local maintenance is going on and possibly when its due to be complete? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Network Maintenance?

Slow speeds only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area rather than maintenance.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting over a year for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

tehstevo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully that's not the case. I was supposed to have cables pulled 10 days ago and that never happened i didn't hold my breath anyway.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya tehstevo,

Thanks for posting. It's nice to have you back here.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection during the evenings.

I've taken a look at your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F002878929 and with a review date of 18th January 2017.

In regards to the re-pull I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with more information.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos