Menu
Fulklip07
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Port forwarding

I have managed to set port forwarding for my ps4 that is connected via cable to the super hub but I am having difficulty doing the same for my sons ps4 which is connected via wi-fi. I have set all the required data on his ps4 i.e. set a static ip, primary and secondary dns, subnet mask and so forth. But when I try to set port forwarding to his ip on the super hub it informs me that there is a port range overlap. Any help much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port forwarding

Perhaps the address you have assigned on the PS4 is within the DHCP address range on the SuperHub. Try something like DHCP range x.x.x.2 - x.x.x.100 on the SuperHub and then give the PS4 an address of x.x.x.200, for a try out. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would be aware that you cannot forward the same port to two devices. I would check that the port ranges you have specified do not contain duplicate ports.

Fulklip07
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

So how do I go about forwarding the ports that are required by the PS network to two separate devices?

griffin wrote:

I would be aware that you cannot forward the same port to two devices. I would check that the port ranges you have specified do not contain duplicate ports.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You could try putting one of the devices into the DMZ, in the hub's GUI advanced settings.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Falklip07,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems. Griffin has the right idea about the DMZ rule, has this helped?

Let us know if you need our help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos