Menu
stargazerforest
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Port blocked despite forwarding

We have attempted to forward ports 9016, 9017, 4056 and 5000 for gaming. Despite setting these up in the router several times each time the computer says they're still not open and so not accessible (determined by running telnet in cmd prompt).

The firewall is turned off on router so cant be blocking it. We asked windows firewall to let it in on 1st computer. Our 2nd computer has it's firewall disabled. Both computers state port is blocked.

All was running fine before you sent us the new Superhub 2ac. Since this superhub the ports don't work.

Are these ports blocked on your end? If not can you help get them unblocked on our end.

PLEASE REMEMBER we have redone the port forwarding SEVERAL TIMES. ONCE while on the phone to yourselves (all I got when I called was that the settings are the same as the old hub so she didnt know why it wouldnt just work)

We need this to be fixed please.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port blocked despite forwarding

The ports are not blocked VM's end.

Have you something listening on the ports when you test them?

https://www.allscoop.com/tcp-listen.php is a handy little tool for just such testing.

A port that's open on the firewall and not actively listening will report as closed.

0 Kudos
stargazerforest
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

When listening tool sends signal tonport 9017 the application fsx tracker thinks its recieving a signal. The program fsx tracker doesnt connect when listener is off. Cant find a response on 9016 or 4506. Help please
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Is it this program you are using ?

http://www.fsxtracker.com/download

0 Kudos
stargazerforest
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Its this one we're using.

https://fsxget.codeplex.com/

I also am intrigued as to why it would work perfectly fine UNTIL we swapped Your routers.

All help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Theres a few threads about issues with ports being down to incorrect startup with FSX tracker-

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/running-fsx-google-earth-tracker-help-please.434118/

Check them out and see if any of those issues cover it.

Their arent MY routers. I am a customer same as yourself. I do have quite a bit of experience across the S hub range and can troubleshoot most issues fairly successfully.

Assuming that the startup issue is not the case, check the cable from the router to the PC, it should be AT LEAST cat5e compliant. If it doesn't state Cat5e on it, try one that does. Newer super hubs are more fussy about that requirement, could explain why the swap has caused the issue.

0 Kudos
stargazerforest
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

We've been playing using this application for so long we know the order in which to start up the tracker/flight sim/simconnect.

There is nothing in that link that has helped. Thanks for looking.

I didn't realize you were a customer as well.

Many thanks re the info re the cable. We'll have to dig the cable out to have a look. Would it state it on the wire insulation?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yeah you will have usually black writing on the cable insulation telling you the spec. CAT5e or CAT6 is what your looking for.

0 Kudos
stargazerforest
Tuning in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

having looked, one cable of our 3 is only a cat5 not cat5e. Believe this might go to the computer having most issues. Will purchase one and see if it makes any difference.

many thanks
0 Kudos
stargazerforest
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Just decided to test the application on the 3rd PC in the house that is on the correct cable and it still doesn't work. Dont think the blocked ports are just because of the cable.

Attempted to contact Virgin. Got put through to their devices team and was told I had to pay £5 a month to get this fixed. They refuse to do anything apart from reset the router for the nth time and state it's now down to application. the Ports are showing as blocked. nothing more. Everything else is definitely set up correctly as it has been for the last 3 years while it worked.

We briefly attached the old router (not on internet) and this worked on a LAN basis. the ports opened immediately and the applications all worked. this means there is something on this new router that is NOT the same as the old one. AND on the old router we DON'T have to forward the ports to make it work. just plug it in. We're at our wits end as it seems ANY port that needs to be used specifically in any game that requires specific ports isn't working. But hey according to Virgin all is well because we can access the internet and do file transfers. Not helpful.

We need to know how to get these ports open on the SuperHub 2AC. it's driving us mad.

0 Kudos