Menu
Highlighted
jhe103
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Port Opening and closing

I have had several phone calls with Virgin Technical team in recent weeks.

I have had a CCTV system installed for well over a year without any major problems, but a few weeks back I started having problems with port blocking ,

Virgin Technical team unblocked the required ports ,but the required ports now are continually blocking and unblocking themselves meaning I cannot view or playback my CCTV cameras and recordings

Just to add my network connection is also dropping regular or running very slow -(this is not at the same time as the port blocking) I know Virgin can change the band but ringing up on a regular basis is not acceptable to me.

any ideas what the problem is ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Port Opening and closing

You will likely find things more stable if you was to get your own router with the hub in modem mode.

All Replies
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will likely find things more stable if you was to get your own router with the hub in modem mode.

jhe103
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

thanks legacy1
after an hour on the phone to Virgin technical team yesterday they reckon problem solved and insist ports are not blocked and they insist no problem with the super hub 2
my emails are not sending or receiving even though they through remote access to my laptop say the problem is fixed, I happened to receive one of the test emails 6 hours after they had sent it !
I am beginning to think its time I left Virgin Media !
0 Kudos