Menu
bachoo786
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Port Forwarding

Hi

I am trying to forward an internal port to an external port on my superhub 2 but it doesnt allow me. Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forwarding

Hi bachoo786, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble setting up Port forwarding. 

Take a look at Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub

Are you getting any sort of error message when you try to set up the port? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bachoo786
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

I know how to forward the ports, but what I am trying to achieve is to forward an internal port in my network to an external port i.e. forward one port to another e.g. forward port 8123 to port 443.

Can you help with that please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying to send from one device on your network as port 8123 and get it delivered to another device also on your network into port 443?

If this is the case you need to send the data out to the internet using you VM Internet address and then when it comes back into your router you need to port forward 8123 to 443, so it goes to the second device. I know no other way of doing it as port forwarding only works from Internet to Intranet.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
bachoo786
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no the two ports i.e. 8123 to 443 are of the same device. I have read in the forums that the superhub are not smart to allow port forwarding from one port to another but jus wanted to confirm if this is true?!

0 Kudos