Menu
JPH60
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Port Forwarding for HIKVision CCTV

Can anyone offer any assistance please?

I have a HIKvision CCTV system "Professionally" installed but It is down to me to open ports on the router so that it will function.

I have been trying for hours with no (apparent) success.

Opening ports is not something I have done before - but seemed straight forward using the advance settings on the hub - 3 rules for each of the 3 required ports (80, 554, 8000) and an IP address of 192.168.0.200 for the HIK DR7604 box.

I can "Ping" the HIK device (connected to the Superhub) from my PC (attached to a second router then attached to the Superhub) - the superhub shows 192.168.0.200 as a connected device. I believe I have set up the port forwarding correctly, and restarted the router.

BUT two different port scanning sites (http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and http://www.canyouseeme.org/) tell me that the ports are CLOSED and the installation company tell me that until these tell me the ports are open - they can do no more.

It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that I am doing some stupid but I have run out of ides to try!

1.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forwarding for HIKVision CCTV

hiya @JPH60 if you have 2 routers connected together going to run into double NAT issues, what other router do you have running to the PC? this is possible to do just need to alter the port forwarding rules depending on the other hardware you have.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
JPH60
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I figured it out that two routers may give problems - which is why the DR7604 is plugged directly into the Superhub. Moving my PC from the second router to a direct connection to the Superhub (and assigning a fixed IP to it) changes the results from the two port testing sites to "Port 80 Open" but they still come up with closed for the other 2 ports.

So I'm not sure if the port testers are seeing my PC or the DR7604 box!

I did NOT unplug the second router when doing this test - could the mere presence of the second router upset things?

Any ideas? Beer and Curry is beckoning!

Thanks,

Philip

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

what make and model of 3rd party router you have?, and yes its possible the 2nd router is trying to NAT, depending on the 2nd router, would check to see if has access-point mode, so it will basically act as a switch and shouldn't cause conflicts .
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
JPH60
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Its a Draytek 2820 plugged into the Superhub(192.168.0.1), with a fixed IP address (192.168.0.2) 

It appears that both are doing NAT, and it has been working OK for years - Logmein, Tado and powerline adapters, iphones, computers, laptops (192.168.2.xxx) all working fine off the Draytek.

I though (Naively?) that the Superhub would chuck replies to everything that came from the Draytek back to the Draytek, but switching port forwarding on (on superhub) would chuck any incoming messages with the 3 forwarded port numbers to the HIK Device (192.168.0.200) that is plugged into the Superhub, 

the "Professionals" are supposed to be coming back today - I can unplufg the Draytek and see if they can make it work on just the Superhub.

(I HATE computers!)

0 Kudos
bencurry
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did this get resolved?

0 Kudos