Menu
peter88uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Port Forwarding Issue on Hub 3

Hello,

I've recently been given a new Hub 3 from Virgin after upgrading my package. I've got a few ports that I need to forward, so I've gone on and set these up and they work, but only for like an hour probably less - to get them to work again I have to disable and enable the two rules again. Has anyone else had this issue?

It's very frustrating!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forwarding Issue on Hub 3

hiya @peter88uk welcome to the virginmedia community forum, your're not alone on this.. the port forwarding is a bit buggy, best idea to resolve all these issues is to put the hub into modem mode and use a 3rd party router, since no planned date for having these bugs fixed. if you've not on the 300mb tier you could switch back the previous hub if you where using a superhub 2. 

if you're looking for suggestions for a 3rd party router, a few of my fellow superusers and community users advise something like the asus rt68u series, not cheap but well worth it.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
peter88uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forwarding Issue on Hub 3

Thanks Paul,

Unfortunately I was upgraded from the original superhub so I don't have a superhub 2. Hard to believe there isn't a planned date for the fixes to be honest especially if there are so many people reporting issues!

I'll have to make a decision on if I was to shell out for a router, thanks for the advice.
0 Kudos