Menu
acrowot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Port Blocking How To

I have received the letters regarding risks and I am attempting to block certain ports, I am not clued up in this respect, can anyone help? I have the SH2 and I am in the Port Blocking menu, the last piece of information it asks for is IP, it gives 192.168.0. ? ,the last bit is flashing awaiting my input, the router is 1 but I have no other information from the letter as to the offending IP on my network of which there are many, What info needs to go in this box.

Thanks acrowot

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Blocking How To

Hello acrowot 

I am sorry you have received a MDNS letter but we thought it was best to let you know. We have a guide here for setting up port forwarding Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub 

Some superb advice here with this issue on how to forward to an unused IP address Multicast DNS vulnerability  and here  mDNS and SSDP vulnerabilities a suggestion for devices in the DMZ  

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Synthetic
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Blocking How To

It's a shame the SH doesn't allow you to actually block ports properly, do we know if there are any plans to add this into future firmware?
0 Kudos