Menu
markclinton23
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Port 9004

Trying to set up a CCTV app on my smartphone but there seems to be a conflict between the router and the Samsung DVR. Need to open the RTSP port in the range 9000 to 9005. Port 9004 will not open no matter what rules are set! Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port 9004

Hi markclinton23,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with opening Port 9004.

As I was unable to locate your account, I am unsure of what router you have.

If it is the Hub 3, try adding the port rules in ascending order to see if that will help.

If it is a different router, do you get any error messages when trying to open this port?

Let us know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
markclinton23
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch. I have the latest Virgin Router as it was installed just before Christmas so it must be the Hub 3.

Trying to use the Samsung Webviewer app when away from home there is no connection.

The Professional installer or his Companies Boss had never come across the issue before and contacted Virgin, who couldn't assist. He tried altering all the Port rules but the Ports would not open.

Can you or anyone else help? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi markclinton23,

Hmm the only other suggestion I have is that we try a different Hub. Though this option is dependent on what package you're subscribed to. As I'm unable to locate your account details would you please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi markclinton23,

That's most disappointing.

I can see no reason for the Super Hub 2ac to not forward the port you require. Did you set up a static LAN IP for the Samsung DVR?

What happens when you set up the port forwarding rule, in what way does it not work?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos