Menu
the_operator
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor wi-fi signal

Hi all,

I have been with VM from day one and always had poor Wi-Fi signal around my 1930 style semi. 

I have an old VM router series 1 before super hub,  how can I add this to my network to boost Wi-Fi signal or is it worth getting a VM Wi-Fi home  booster plug.   Or can get one off ebay etc that will do the job.

At present are Wi-Fi is hit and miss at the moment.

thanking you

op

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor wi-fi signal

Hello the_operator,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the wireless connection problem you're experiencing. I can see that you're currently using a Superhub 2, have you tried changing your wireless channel yet? Often this will help with problems caused by wireless interference.

I hope this helps,

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
the_operator
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather.

Yes I have done that and bought the tee shirt. I have changed channels from 6 though to 11, I have also added extra router as an extender but still get poor wifi. I think the superhub 2 is a cheap and nasty limited range that VM are flogging as a job lot. Come on Richard spend some of your money on giving your customers better equipment. I feel to pay VM for an extended for ££££ is a bit rich.... Rant over thanks for the reply..
0 Kudos
the_operator
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.. Just to add I have only added an old linksys router to my network not the old superhub 1.

Thanks mark
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Download a free wifi analyser app which should help you understand the problem and optimise SHub location and orientation etc. And to see what channels you neighbours are using. You should also look for sources of radio interference.

It is likely however that the construction of your house is attenuating the signal and you could benefit from adding one or more wifi access​ points. Several makes and specifications are available. A google search for reviews would help you choose.
0 Kudos
the_operator
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I just bought a Netgear wifi extender N300 from Argos £19.99 took about 10mins to set up and now have full WiFi around house and no dead areas well Happy now. Why can't VM supply this free of charge to all their customers who suffer from poor wifi.. Richard get a grip..

Rant over
0 Kudos