Menu
Tuscan1408
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor router connection and slow speeds

Does anyone else have this same issue ?

I am 5 feet away from my Virgin Router but keep looking internet connection, i.e. keeps dropping  out and then trying to re-start. I've switched off my router and pc a few times but this does not seem to help. Another problem is that the problem is not consistent; seems to behave differently on different days, so when I have called Virgin help desk, it seems they can't find the issue. Does anyone have any solutions for this please ?

@VirginMedia - please do not send me a generic link to lots of information which I have to check; need specific and expert advice otherwise I have no choice but to look elsewhere for Broadband as this is becoming unusable.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor router connection and slow speeds

Quid pro Quo

If you want specific and expert advice you'll need to give a more specific  description of your problem.

What device are you using?  Which router do you have? What have you tried already (assuming you are connecting wireless, have you changed channels for example?) How often does this happen?

So-

"I am using a windows laptop, runnng windows 8.1. My internet coennection keeps dropping out when I try to ocnnect wirelessly to my Superhub2AC . Ive tried changing security settings, but that has not helped. The connection drops out every hour"

type of thing...

Then we can get you some useful help, but to manage expectations , its EXTREMELY difficult to manage wireless environments remotely- so dont expect miracles.... but a stable connection, we should be able to help with

0 Kudos