Menu
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ping Problems When Gaming

About a month ago my ping has completely messed up. Depending on the time of day it is fine ranging from 40-60 when playing csgo. Then after about 4pm it goes up and will constantly fluctuate from 80-800. This has only been a problem within the last month or so and i've previously had more devices using the internet and it was fine. I have been told that it's too many devices on the connection at once. When we have 100mbps download and have a bout 6 wireless devices on at ounce and then one pc connected through ethernet (my pc). Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping Problems When Gaming

Could be a couple of things causing the high ping.

Does the wired PC experience the same high ping as the wireless devices?

Wireless is affected by many external factors like wireless interference that can disrupt your wireless signal, so it is best to test wired.

If the wired PC is experiencing the same high ping you may have a contention issue in this area. Testing the speed with only one wired device connected during the day and again during evening peak time should highlight any contention issues.

0 Kudos
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The ping issues don't occur on the wifi as i can see. Already tried many different ways to monitor the connection nothing seems to be working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morrisey15,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are having high pings when online gaming.

Looking at your connection, the power levels are within range, the network segment is stable and there are no faults reported.

Do you only notice this on CSGO or can it happen on other games also?

Have you managed to try another device to see if that has the same issue?

Are you able to post your ping results for us to take a look at please? It may be worth posting 2 sets, one from wireless and the other from wired to compare results if it doesn't occur on wireless.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for the reply. 

I get the same issues in most of the games i play (CSGO, Overwatch, H1Z1 and more.)

Issues happen on most of devices, tried moving the pc and directly plugging it in to the router.

Started to happen with the Wi-Fi aswell, tried to play on my xbox because pc was unplayable had about 300 ping on that aswell.

PC ping: 90    WI-FI ping: 100

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morrisey15,

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate the ping result you posted.

I've taken another look at the network and there is high peak time traffic fault that has been raised. The reference number is F004702131 and with a review date of 7th December.

I can see that you also have arranged for an engineer appointment to check this over for you. If you can let us know how the visit goes, that would be great.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again, I will let you know what the engineer says. However do you not think something being reviewed 3 weeks later is bad service?

0 Kudos
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The engineer basically said there is a fault in the area which is effecting broadband during peak times. He said they don't know when it will be fixed and not to get my hopes up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello Morrisey15,

Thanks for getting back in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that the engineer couldn't help improve your connection, these area faults are very frustrating.

We're more than happy to keep in touch and provide progress updates. Please get back to us on or after the 7th Dec for more info.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Been told that its not going to be 7th of December but instead early march. So unhappy right now. Switching provider inst a n option either as its a cable fault.

0 Kudos