Menu
DSNv
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Persistent problems with my internet connection

For about the last two months I've been having some real headaches with my internet connection.  Every couple of days I lose connectivity and power cycling my kit seems to make no difference.  I end up having to use 4G on my mobile to run the self diagnostic checks via the Virgin website, and then get the "We're trying to sort it out for you message".  

Eventually I'll be able to get things up and running again via a combination of patience and rebooting several times, but it's getting pretty exhausting.  Every time it happens it means having to re-sync up my powerline adaptors and I'm getting pretty fed up with having to do this.  Is it possible someone could take a look at my connection and tell me what's going on ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Persistent problems with my internet connection

Hi DSNv,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your connection.

I've located you account and I can see an issue with the network affecting speeds at peak times Re.(F004675548), though it's unlikely that this is causing the disconnections you've described.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see a few errors there. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi DSNv,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your connection.

I've located you account and I can see an issue with the network affecting speeds at peak times Re.(F004675548), though it's unlikely that this is causing the disconnections you've described.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see a few errors there. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

chorisia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We had similar problems. Upgraded to a superhub 3 which resolved the problem and wireless signal much improved ,so worth £20 for an upgrade if you have an old hub.

0 Kudos
DSNv
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I'm using the Superhub in bridge mode to allow me to run a separate router (Netduma R1) so changing the Superhub wouldn't really make a difference to me. But thanks for the suggestion anyway !
0 Kudos