Menu
ukbikenut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Persistent 1 hour disconects

Every hour for the last few days i am losing connection for a few minutes as the lease on the ip is at 1 hour !.

This has nothing to do with the PC and windows 10 as stated on the fault page for my area (WN4 Wigan )

Seems there`s a few  with the same issue.This is on top of the problem rubbish speeds at peak times.

My Broadband Ping - mine

0 Kudos
melloorr
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent 1 hour disconects

Join the long line of people who are also having this issue. I am, and I am also from the Wigan area.

If you log into your router, you will find that your WAN IP Lease Time is only set to 1 hour. So every hour, it looks for a new Public IP for you. 

This is an issue on VM's side, but good luck trying to get them to notice this.

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here WN7 area and still being ignored by Virgin !

0 Kudos
hc1970
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been having this for about 10 days always after an hour in the Wigan WN4 area.  I will look at my lease time and see if it coincides with a drop out.

0 Kudos
ukbikenut
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well it went ok ,back to a seven day lease time the same day i originally posted.

However i`m now back on a 1 hour lease and the persistent disconnects that comes with this!.

Does anyone from Virgin media actually frequent these forums now ,as it seems i no longer get any replies to any problems from them. ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukebikenut, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with persistent 1 hour disconnects, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I have tested the connection from here for you and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are too high and an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos