Menu
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Permanent WiFi Channel Change.

Whenever I check the WiFi channel its using one being used by a large number of other hubs and devices in the area.

When I go to the Superhub Settings its always on Auto, despite my regular manual settings.  I change it to the empty channel I've selected and save the settings.  Then logout.  I check that the channel being used is now the one I selected.

However, when I check the next day, the channel has changed to a crowded one again, and in the Superhub settings its reverted to Auto.

How do I make a manual channel selection that is permanent as the current procedure is misleading and a total waste of time.

pdfbt40
Tags (3)

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Permanent WiFi Channel Change.

Hi Pdfbt40,

It sounds as though the hub may be resetting itself over night, changing all settings back to default. Have you made any other changes that revert back when this happens? If it is resetting to default we'll have to get a replacement out to you. Try changing the wireless network name and see if this changes back too and let us know.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Pdfbt40,

It sounds as though the hub may be resetting itself over night, changing all settings back to default. Have you made any other changes that revert back when this happens? If it is resetting to default we'll have to get a replacement out to you. Try changing the wireless network name and see if this changes back too and let us know.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK.  I've changed the WiFi network name and reconfigured all the WiFi devices.  I'll report back after the weekend.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that diagnostic hint.

The wireless network name and channel has reset twice since Thursday. Also the hub has stopped for several minutes (while streaming !!) seven times but without resetting.

So I suppose I need a replacement please. How do I initiate that?
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Since Thursday, the wireless network has reset the name and channel to auto twice (2).

Also the hub has stopped working (during streamed TV !) seven (7) times.

SO on your helpful post, its a recognised fault and I need a replacement hub.

How do I initiate that?

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Kellders
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Give VM a call on 150 (if you have a Virgin phone line) and go through to broadband faults. Explain that one of the forum team has identified it as a hub problem and needs replacing. Failing that, wait for John_G to respond - maybe he can arrange it for you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmm.  Foolishly, I though in good ISO9000, John_G would have taken ownership of the issue, be following the thread now, and expidite the resolution.

My experience of 150 service over many years has been patchy, usually bad, so I'll give John a chance first. 

After all, if I trusted 150 to quickly resolve problems, I would have gone there in the first place.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pdgbt40,

Thanks for confirming that the hub is resetting itself. In that case it is certainly a faulty until. I'll get the replacement arranged for you now. It should arrive in 3 to 5 days. Let me know when it gets there. 

pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Hub arrived Yesterday (Saturday).  Installed and registered, despite the phone menu being very confusing as it mixed up with fault and billing options, and power on/off procedure not being the same as in the leaflet.

Changed channel and WiFi SSID.

Strangely, I had to re-install my laser printer on one of the laptops.

I'll leave it to the end of the week to confirm no further issues.

Been a much better experience than 150.  VM should do it more often, or even use email !!

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
fearoke2
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just been going through the forum as I've had years of drop out problems with my virgin wifi. I've contacted 150 on numerous occasions and the answer has always been the same; it's not our equipment, it's interference. I've changed the channels on numerous occasions and after a lengthy conversation on Friday past with 150, I've changed to 5GHZ on several occasions but couldn't understand why the next day it had resorted back to the original 2.5 and auto option. Hopefully your post has answered my question in that if there is a precedent with this auto resetting, then I do need a new router and I can stop pulling my hair out!

If I call 150 and explain this, will they supply the new router? Any help appreciated. Thanks.   

0 Kudos