Menu
Leekeenor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Periodic yellow triangle while maintaining full signal strength. Disconnection from games

Hello,

My internet is disconnecting me and my partner while gaming. My internet stays at full signal strength and a yellow triangle appears next to it saying limited connection. It is very easily fixable for me as all I have to do is disconnect from our router and reconnect and the internet is fully functional again. For my partner, his computer fully disconnects with no triangle and takes a little while longer to reconnect however it once it has connected it works perfectly again.

These disconnections are very periodic, they happen to one of us at a time and rarely to both of us but they happen frequently.

Does any one have any idea why our internet keeps chucking us off of it or even better how to fix it? 

We have 100Mb fibre optic broadband using a hub 3.0. Also, can I set bandwidth priority with this router?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Periodic yellow triangle while maintaining full signal strength. Disconnection from games

Is that wired or wireless in both cases? I suspect wireless.

Are you both on 5GHz or 2.4GHz wireless or each on a different band from each other?

Are you different distances from the Hub 3?

When they happen, what doe the Hub 3 lights do?

You can see that there are many variables involved with WiFi - and we haven't yet looked at your circuit.

To your bandwidth priority question - the Hub 3 is a get you going device and has no advanced features and certainly no that one.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

shanematthews
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Periodic yellow triangle while maintaining full signal strength. Disconnection when gaming.

Leekeenor wrote:

Hello,

My internet is disconnecting me and my partner while gaming. My internet stays at full signal strength and a yellow triangle appears next to it saying limited connection. It is very easily fixable for me as all I have to do is disconnect from our router and reconnect and the internet is fully functional again. For my partner, his computer fully disconnects with no triangle and takes a little while longer to reconnect however it once it has connected it works perfectly again.

These disconnections are very periodic, they happen to one of us at a time and rarely to both of us but they happen frequently.

Does any one have any idea why our internet keeps chucking us off of it or even better how to fix it? 

We have 100Mb fibre optic broadband using a hub 3.0. Also, can I set bandwidth priority with this router?

Thank you!

The hub3 is pretty bad and it lacks any kind of real QoS settings so no you won't be able to set anything like that up sadly, i ditched my hub3 on day one for numerous issues but i thankfully still had my old hub2 here to get them to change it back to

0 Kudos
Leekeenor
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Periodic yellow triangle while maintaining full signal strength. Disconnection from games

We are both using wireless. No wired connection is used from our router (2 other people also use the router but not for gaming probably only facebook etc)

It is currently set up to both 5GHz and 2.4Ghz with automatic channel selected.

We're sat next to each other, our dongles are about 1m apart from each other.

I don't know what the lights do, I'll check next time it happens.

----

Can you recommend a router that has priority setting on it? Do you think this will help?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: priority setting, I imagine that you want to prioritise your 2 devices over the other 2. For that any decent router will do. How much are you prepared to spend?

Leekeenor
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If it fixes our issue I'm prepared to buy a good one but I can't really say how much I'm prepared to spend as I don't know how much a good router is

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Amywhere between £75 and £150 imo.

I use this one (which I bought from them): https://www.cclonline.com/product/127826/90IG00C0-BU2000/Cable-Routers/Asus-RT-AC68U-Wireless-AC1900...

You would put the Hub into modem mode. You will get better wireless because of the external antennae.

0 Kudos
Leekeenor
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's good to know, thank you. I'll check them out.

Do you have any further ideas why our internet is dropping out?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It could be the circuit which is why I asked about the lights onm the modem. You could paste the modem power levels like others have done.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leekeenor

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you've been experiencing with intermittent connection and that's affecting you and your partner when playing online. 

I've run a few checks on your connection and there does appear to be quite a few timeouts occurring. I think it's best if we arrange an engineer to look into this further and check everything over so I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) to get this booked in.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos