Menu
Lennon1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 100mbs BB, getting 3/4??

Hi,
Had install last Thursday, no tv until yesterday due to wrong ID number.
Now the wifi is playing up.
100mps in the morning, 3/4mps on the evening (when I need it most)
Can you help? Faults left me doing tests for 45 minutes yesterday only to hang up and 8pm!!
Please help??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 100mbs BB, getting 3/4??

Slow speeds at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) but full speed at off peak times is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting over a year for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Lennon1980
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Scott, I hope it gets sorted, I'm really not impressed with the level of service so far, no tv for 5 days, still no phone line and BB speeds slower than 3G after 5pm!!
0 Kudos
Lennon1980
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So the update is, after a dozen phone calls to offshore contact centre, several dropped lines and cold transfers to other areas of the business I spoke to Kartik this evening (1.15 hours on the phone) took control of lap top, ran speed tests in safe mode and normal, all to realise after escalating to second line support, it was a fault with my connection (maybe test that 1st?) he had promised that within 24 hours this will be resolved. I guarantee I'll be back on the phone tomorrow evening with the same issue!
If this isn't resolved I will be speaking to the ombudsman and cancelling my full services after being with VM for only 7 days (4 days without tv, still no phone line connection and 3/4mbps BB) I'm not paying for your services as I'm not receiving any, can't even watch on demand as it buffers and can't use my printer as wireless drops out!
This is unacceptable and I want a resolution now??
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the ombudsman wouldn't entertain you at the minute. they are there as a last result after the company has been given a 'reasonable time' to sort out problems or you have followed their complaints procedure but have not got satisfaction. four days is not a reasonable time. having worked with both telecommunications and financial ombudsmans i can say they would say the same.

write a complaint/registered. if no satisfaction after that, go down the ombudsman route.

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...
0 Kudos