Menu
junkafarian
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss over both wired and wireless networks

Hi there,

I've been experiencing a seemingly increasing amount of packet loss from my Super Hub 2 (hardware version 3.11, software version V1.01.31). I've recently added a third party Wireless Access Point in the hope that it was limited to the wireless networks coming from the Super Hub but that doesn't seem to have resolved the issue.

Connected to the WAP, I'm experiencing 53% packet loss in pinging the super hub / router

--- 192.168.0.1 ping statistics ---
267 packets transmitted, 126 packets received, 52.8% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.280/3.955/262.890/23.174 ms

... however 0% packet loss in pinging the WAP which indicates an issue with the Super Hub hardware

--- 192.168.0.11 ping statistics ---
141 packets transmitted, 141 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.650/1.081/2.385/0.368 ms

Overall, the connection has been unreliable for around a year and the addition of the WAP a couple of months ago doesn't seem to have helped improve the situation.

I'd be grateful for any advice in diagnosing this further and finding a resolution to the problem.

Cheers,

Fergus

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss over both wired and wireless networks

Hello Fergus,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection, I know this can be frustrating.

I've taken a good look at your connection and I've noticed a fault in your local area. The fault reference is F004830506 and it's due for review on the 5th April. This fault is responsible for reducing speeds during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

How do you find the connection during off peak hours?

Hope to hear back from you soon and apologies again for this.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss over both wired and wireless networks

Heather_J wrote:

Hello Fergus,

<SNIP>

I've taken a good look at your connection and I've noticed a fault in your local area. The fault reference is F004830506 and it's due for review on the 5th April. This fault is responsible for reducing speeds during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

<SNIP>

I hope that Heather will forgive my mischief here.

Translating that into language that the Forum Team used in in earlie days:

There is a peak time utilisation fault in your local area.  The fault reference is F004830506 and it's due for review on the 5th April.

You need to ask Heather (who has no control over these matters) what the review date means:

• A fix date, when extra capacity will have been added?
  • A date when planning will commence?
  • A date when planning is complete and reported on?
  • A date when the long grass grows even longer?

On the basis of past cases, it will be months before the infrastructure upgrades are completed unless it's what's known as a Cat A resegmentation, which takes place by jiggling around pn the line cards at the VM hub site.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos