Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10 (5,588 Views)

PS4 internet connection keeps dropping

Since the start of last year my PS4s internet connection has been constantly dropping. Ile be watching a video on YouTube or Netflix, or even playing a game online and YouTube/Netflix will start buffering or my game will stop connecting online. If I want to fix it, I need to"test the internet connection" which comes up saying connection 100% ect and evrythings fine. But this only temporarily fixes the problem and it will drop again like 10 minutes later. Been looking for a fix for ages, any suggestions?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 10 (11,095 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by RGBunks
‎08-01-2016 16:36

Re: PS4 internet connection keeps dropping

Hi RGBunks

Welcome to the forum. I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with your PS4 connection. That doesn't sound like much fun when your trying to watch Netflix or YouTube Smiley Sad I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks ok. 

Are you connected wired or wireless?

Are there any changes to the hub lights when you lose connection?

Could you post the hub's network log for us to have a look at? (go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, router status in top right corner)

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 10 (11,096 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by RGBunks
‎08-01-2016 16:36

Hi RGBunks

Welcome to the forum. I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with your PS4 connection. That doesn't sound like much fun when your trying to watch Netflix or YouTube Smiley Sad I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks ok. 

Are you connected wired or wireless?

Are there any changes to the hub lights when you lose connection?

Could you post the hub's network log for us to have a look at? (go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, router status in top right corner)

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 10 (5,545 Views)

Hi, Ty I am connected through wireless and as far as I know, their isn't any changes to the hub lights at all, just stays normal. Here is the network log:

Network Log

First TimeLast TimePriorityError NumberDescription
 07/00/2016 22:24:22  07/00/2016 22:24:22  Critical (3)  2436694078  TOD established 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (5,519 Views)

Hi RGBunks

Thanks for getting back to me, everything looks ok there. Is there any improvement if your PS4 is connected over ethernet? I've also included a link here to a helpful article with some advice on improving your wireless connection.

Let me know if this helps,

Ty

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 10 (5,508 Views)

Hi I'm not able to use Ethernet since my router is pretty far away. I have already tried changing the wireless channel but didn't make much of a difference except that it exstended the time before the internet cut out again :/
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (5,491 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi RGBunks

Sorry to hear that changing the channel didn't make any difference. We would need you to connect via ethernet for diagnostic purposes to see if it these issues still continue. I would also recommend playing online over a wired connection for stability as there are many things that can interfere with a wireless connection. Accessories such as powerline adaptors can help if distance is an issue for you.

Hope this info helps and let us know how you get on.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 10 (5,470 Views)

Hi so I bought an netgeae powerline adaptor which I have wired up with the ps4 which has definetly improved the connection but the problem still persists but not as frequently.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10 (5,453 Views)

Hi RGBunks, 

Thanks for the update Smiley Very Happy

It's good to know that the powerline adapters have helped somewhat. 

If you continue to monitor and notice things deteriorate again, just let us know. 

Thanks for being so patient, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 10 (2,862 Views)

Hello,

Can you, without avoiding this question at all, directly answer, why you have taken the classic Virgin Media customer service route of completely ignoring the matter at hand and rendering this thread as 'Solved' when clearly the individual concerned has literally stated the problem still persists?! 

You have not solved the problem and now you've just gave yourself a pat on the back for literally doing nothing. This is a common occurence with your disastrous customer service team across all platforms. >Show concern for the problem > acknowledge its existence > provide a generic solution which never helps a specific problem > ignore the actual answer that the customer gives with regards to whether or not the problem still exists > pretend like the problem has been solved and ignore the customer hoping they won't bother following up any more.

Pathetic. I have the exact same problem and it is very obvious it is only with Virgin Broadband. A year and a half ago I had this problem when I purchased a brand new Macbook Pro, which failed to connect properly with... want a guess?... VIRGIN MEDIA broadband ONLY. 

Fix the problem.

On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10 (2,086 Views)

i also have this problem, using power adapter, this problem only started recently, no idea why, your guy on 151 says i have to contact Sony for to get ports opened, is this correct?

0 Kudos