Menu
chrisdarkfire
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PL4 8 - Anyone from VM able to give a non-conflicting answer?

Arrive home to card through door from VM which says...

Been working in street - your broadband is now broken now need to come into house to fix (paraphrased)

Tech name and told to ring 151 and quote RPBLOCK

After 30 minutes 4 different people and finally demanding a manager I'm told the whole of PL4 is out and fix is estimated as 14th March. We will get refunds etc etc

However status says no issues in area - friends in area including one only 30metres away has no issue.

So seems phone support are completely in the dark.

What the beep am i supposed to do now?

Chris

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PL4 8 - Anyone from VM able to give a non-conflicting answer?

Rpblock (return path block?) is when they disconnect your connection due to interference coming from your property onto the network. This needs a tech visit to your property. If there was a problem with a 7 day fix, I wouldn't think that would be a total loss in the area which would prevent a tech booking. If this was me, I would be phoning virgin again and getting a tech booked. Any resistance on the phone, then ask precisely what the problem is in the area, and get a reference number. If the problem is a total loss, the timescale should be something like 4/8 hours (less than 24 anyway). 7 days sounds like a slow speed or intermittent broadband, so make it clear that you have no connection.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)

All Replies
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Rpblock (return path block?) is when they disconnect your connection due to interference coming from your property onto the network. This needs a tech visit to your property. If there was a problem with a 7 day fix, I wouldn't think that would be a total loss in the area which would prevent a tech booking. If this was me, I would be phoning virgin again and getting a tech booked. Any resistance on the phone, then ask precisely what the problem is in the area, and get a reference number. If the problem is a total loss, the timescale should be something like 4/8 hours (less than 24 anyway). 7 days sounds like a slow speed or intermittent broadband, so make it clear that you have no connection.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
chrisdarkfire
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew

Thank you very much for that, makes perfect sense and ties in with my thoughts and feelings but I had no knowledge to back it up.

Now the fight to get through to someone!

Cheers

Chris

0 Kudos