Menu
SCG99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Over a week without Internet - Area 20

My 200mbs service (?) went out last Wednesday.  I checked the Service Status and it said engineers were working on it.  On Thursday it reappeared and then disappeared again on Friday.  I checked the service status again and it said engineers were aware and working on it with a fix date of Monday at noon.  At noon on Monday, still nothing.  The service status is still saying the engineer is working on the problem.  Finally I ring and am told that there is something wrong and they will have to send an engineer - on Thursday!  They said I should have rung them before.  I explained I had been monitoring the service status as they ask you to and that was telling me they knew there was a problem.  I asked what point it is having to sign in to my account to get a localized service status report and then being told that as I hadn't contacted them personally about my issue my SLA didn't start until now!  I tried a chat session - multiple times!  Never anyone available.  No way of emailing anyone.  No one wants to take any responsibility. I am so angry.  I am not putting up with this anymore.  Can someone please tell me who I can contact where I can cancel this 'service'

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over a week without Internet - Area 20

Hi SCG99,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had with this, what a pain!

You're absolutely right, you should check the service status in your area and follow that advice. In this instance, however, it looks like the network fault was masking an isolated fault at your property.

I've located your account and I can see you've had the technician out to fix this. Is everything working now?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SCG99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

They cancelled the engineer on Thursday because they said there was another area fault which would be fixed by 4pm Thursday.  At 6pm, still no service, so I rang VM again.  More assurances that it was fixed and wait a couple of hours.  Rang again when there was still no service.  Assured that all area faults were fixed so this was a local problem!!  Another appointment for an engineer made - this time for Saturday (12 - 4) - a week and a half since my service went out.  I had to get someone else to stay at the house at that time as I was travelling. 

NO ENGINEER TURNED UP AT MY HOUSE ON THAT SATURDAY! 

I had several text messages saying that they were coming unless I texted 'NO'.  The last of these was at 11:30am on Saturday.  On Sunday, when I got home, the internet was working.  I have no idea what was done, by whom or when but it certainly wasn't an engineer in my home that fixed anything.  I can only assume they found another problem somewhere and fixed it quietly.

The service is frankly appalling!  The internet keeps hanging for seconds at a time and is not responsive.  I have given up on asking for someone to look at it.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello SCG99,

I'm very sorry to hear this has happened and I can understand your frustration Smiley Sad

I have located your account and normally if a fault in the area has been discovered they will cancel any technician as this can sometimes be the reason why the services are not working. This isn't always the case so once the outage has been cleared you may find no difference to your service so I would recommend booking another technician to take a look at this for you. I'm happy to do this for you and I will also keep an eye on your account to make sure it goes ahead or keep you updated if any other faults are discovered. I will send you a private message with further details so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message waiting for you.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos