Menu
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Outage for a neighbour but not us and Virgin can't help

Our neighbour 3 doors away uses Virgin for broadband and since last Friday they've had no internet (they don't get other services through Virgin).  Numerous calls to technical support and nothing.  Then after I spoke to them, they said there was a known fault for the area - though somehow we weren't affected just our neighbour - and someone would be fixing it on Weds.  Weds has been and gone and nothing, the same problem and no updates or news.  Rubbish.

I've called support tonight and they cannot - or refuse to - tell me if there is a problem in the area (they can only say if I have a problem).

My mate's got a gang of 10 year old girls - including my little one - round on Saturday for his little girl's birthday and no internet mean chaos and one very disappointed to be 11 year old.  Virgin not interested and offered £5 for the service outage for the week.  Leading the way in quality service.  And an engineer won't be available for a week+.

Router has been restarted, unplugged etc.  Nothing.

Looking for genius suggestions from anyone to help?  My mate is going to leave Virgin ultimately because of the poor service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outage for a neighbour but not us and Virgin can't help

Hi there jnoble100,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that your neighbour is experiencing issues with their broadband connection. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for them.

For us to be able to help your neighbour are they able to create a profile within the community and post their details for us to take a look? Otherwise they would need to call through to us on either 150 or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further. As you are not the main account holder we are unable to give specific detail on their account.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outage for a neighbour but not us and Virgin can't help

2 weeks later?  Really?  Great service.  My neighbour has probably left.  2+ weeks without internet service in 2017?  Great idea.

0 Kudos