Menu
Darkmang
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Opening ports super hub 3

Hi,

I need help, I've to open 5 ports on my router (super hub 3). I tried disable firewall, port forwarding from direct IP host and ports inside and outside, I also tried port triggering and switch host to DMZ and it doesn't work. If anyone has an idea I will be gratefull.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Opening ports super hub 3

hiya @Darkmang what ports are you trying to forward to and what sort of device, e.g. games console, server etc.. also have you configured a static IP address on the machine/device your trying to port forward to
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Darkmang
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I tried open ports 5050-5053 from device connected LAN cable to router. It's CCTV recorder with IP camera. I have static IP 192.168.X.X and have to open port from local IP to outside. When I check on site http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/, all ports are closed. Even If I tried enable remote access to router from outside on port 8443, and check also is closed. 

0 Kudos
Darkmang
Joining in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any idea? How can I resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Do the CCTV with their LAN IP have a gateway IP setting or is it LAN IP and subnet only?

0 Kudos
Darkmang
Joining in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

There is gateway IP setting also. What do you suggest?

0 Kudos
Darkmang
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Gateway is the same like router IP internal address.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I was just checking as some CCTV are not meant to be remotely connected over the internet.

If with DMZ firewall on or off in the hub 3 to a CCTV and likely it be TCP and ports don't work then your option is to get your own router setup.

0 Kudos
Darkmang
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean, "get your own router setup.". New firmware and more option in setup super hub 3, or my own router? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Darkmang own router setup would be putting the superhub into modem mode, and using a 3rd party router, most of my fellow superusers advise using e.g. asus ACRT68 series, not the cheapest option but well worth it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos