Menu
ciarand
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Now TV app freezing

Now TV app on LG TV hardwired (not wifi) keeps freezing when i try to watch sport. I phoned Virgin and tech support said he say nothing when I persisted he said he say something would need to run a test and promised to call me back. That was 3 weeks ago and issue still happens??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Now TV app freezing

Hi Ciarand,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble with Now Tv. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and contention all look healthy. Is it only Now TV you're having trouble with or do other apps on the TV also freeze? if other apps freeze it's likely to be an issue with the connection between the TV and the hub, could you try a different ethernet cable to rule that out first of all? 

Let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ciarand
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I use now tv for live streams so it is most noticeable when it buffers and stops. It is happening to all apps less frequently as well. Also noticed a few times on playstation networks games. 

I have been in contact with you technical team previously regards this and they claimed no line issue initially until i persisted then there suddenly was something they could see. He switch things off and on without explaining why then said needed to do some tests and would call me back. 

I am still waiting on that callback (5 weeks ago??) and the explanations he gave were not satisfactory.

I would like someone to test this again as i believe there is a network issue affecting my service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ciarand,

I have just re-tested your connection and can honestly not find anything amiss.

I wonder if you've tried changing your Ethernet cable? If not then please give that a try. 

Also it might be worth disabling the wireless on your Hub when you're streaming and disconnecting any other connected devices.

If the connection improves please add other devices, one by one. Enable the wireless and slowly re-connect wireless devices.

In this way we should be able to pinpoint any device that might be affecting your streaming.

Keep us updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos