Menu
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing working now! (Leeds Area 22)

During the last 24 hours we've had no Internet service either on my pc which is hard wired to my super hub or via WiFi to our android devices. After a couple of hours of stuttering restarts this afternoon I was able to connect to the Internet on my pc but the android devices don't seem to want to connect to the router any more and when they do they can't reach the Internet,. Now I've lost everything again and when I reset the hub I just get a couple of green lights. I see that the service status still says that broadband is intermittent in my area but would that explain why I could get to the Internet via my pc but not using an android phone and tablet?
0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nothing working now! (Leeds Area 22)

Well I can now get to the Internet using my pc but WiFi still is crippled. I can connect to the router but whenever I launch a browser on any coonected device I just get a dialogue box saying Authentication Required and asking for a username and password. It also says the connection is not private. I've no idea what's changed, these devices were all working quite happily earlier this week
0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well status page still says this problem will be fixed by 6pm but it's well past that and I still can't connect to the Internet. Totally fed up and feeling completely powerless
0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Totally disgusted with Virginmedia. Internet still unavailable since Tuesday. Have rung call centre 4 times and got no where, and got cut off several times while holding which only rubs salt in the wound. The text updates from Virgin are an insult to intelligence, "an engineer is on their way", what cretin wrote that, having it repeated every 6 hours only serves to annoy customers further. I have lodged a formal complaint with the call centre operative but have zero confidence I'll hear anything from virginmedia in response. Last text said it'll be fixed by 2pm this afternoon, fat chance. Apparently the whole area is affected in which case shouldn't fixing it be a priority? Pathetic 

0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband off since Tuesday but supposed to be fixed (Leeds Area 22)

I see other people coming on here after me and getting g a response from mods so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. After 3 days of total broadband outage I got a text at about 1.40 this afternoon advising that the problem has been fixed. Still no connection at this end so rang 150 and operative confirmed not working, said he will escalate to network engineers. Status check says all well but it clearly isn't at least for me. Can anyone from VM actually help me?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband off since Tuesday but supposed to be fixed (Leeds Area 22)

Hello PaulinLeeds,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sincere apologies for not replying sooner, we're very busy at the moment.

I'd like to investigate what is going on with your connection, but I'm not finding your account. I'll confirm additional info via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos