Menu
farleytain
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Not the first, won't be the last! Flashing green light on hub - why?!?!

Hey, there.  New member of this community.  Been a Virgin customer since last September.

The wifi symbol on my (white) hub started flashing yesterday afternoon.  No idea why.  No one's been near it.  Called Virgin, an automated response told me that tests would be run and to call back in ten minutes.  Did so.  Spoke to a tech who told me there was no reason for the light to be flashing and I had nothing to worry about.  I said that that was illogical; while there may not be anything to worry about there must be a reason why the light has changed from solid to flashing.  After a while I gave up on what had become a pointless exchange and terminated the call.  So.  No closer to understanding.

Not rebooted hub in case I lose service.

Ran Ookla speed tests; Wireless PC speeds download 9, upload 5, cellphone speeds download 24, upload 11.  Don't have anything wired to test wired speeds.

Any thoughts, Virgin?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not the first, won't be the last! Flashing green light on hub - why?!?!

Hey farleytain,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the unexplained flashing light, I believe this is being looked into. As for the wireless speed tests, ideally we need to see a hard-wired result, but as you don't have any Ethernet connections we will need to try a few different wireless channels to find the one that performs best for your environment.

Please let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos