Menu
icoombs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No wireless when broadband down

I have a super hub 3 and our broadband has been down over the weekend and is not expected to be fixed till late today. My question is about the superhub 3 and why it wont let me connect to my network via wireless when the broadband is down.
0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wireless when broadband down

I don't use wireless so this is probably a stupid reply - but if your broadband is down - is there a wireless network to connect to?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey icoombs,

Thank you for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that your broadband connection went down recently. When you connection is down, you won't be able to access the wireless connection.

The wireless network will often broadcast, but not provide any internet access.

I hope this help, let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rickwookie
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is why I don't rely on the Superhub to provide my WiFi network (or my home wired Lan for that matter). It's perfectly reasonable to expect your wires and wireless network to continue to function when the broadband connection is down (an increasingly common experience it seams).
It's not all about the internet connection. What about home printing over the network, or wireless music streaming? These things should still work.
I think the problem is while the Superhub is trying to re-establish its Internet connection, it will be in various states of rebooting, which may or may not include providing a WiFi network, or even having a functioning DHCP server to lease IP addresses on the network.

Do yourself a favour and invest in your own WiFi router, then put the Superhub into "Modem Mode", and never look back.
0 Kudos