Menu
Emiliabop
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No wireless internet on router. Won't reset and can't login

Hi

I have a problem with my router. The wireless light isn't on and I've tried pressing the big button for 6 seconds several times. It is broadcasting the network ID but nothing can connect to it - my phone says the password is incorrect and laptop just can't connect to it.

Furthermore, I cannot remember what I changed the password to in order to view settings using a wired Ethernet connection (which works fine), and I've tried a full reset which doesn't do anything.

Please help or at least direct me to a replacement router! Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wireless internet on router. Won't reset and can't login

Hi Emiliabop, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your internet troubles, I offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some tests from here and I can see that your Hub is online, does this mean that you've managed to sort the wireless issue out?

With regards to not being able to reset the Hub, I noticed a lot of T3 time outs inside the logs which may be causing you some troubles, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Emiliabop
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I phoned and got a replacement router - not sure what the time outs mean though!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emiliabop

Thanks for the update, well done for getting a new router. The timeouts occur sometimes when maintenance messages are sent to your hub, it is normal to have a few by the way however a lot may indicate a problem. At the moment the hub looks as though it is switched off, if it is please would you leave it on for a few days, we will be happy to take another look and if needs be we will arrange an engineer appointment then.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
cougarric
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is the same problem that I've got.

0 Kudos