Menu
macc70
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No wifi Connection with ethernet connected only

We lost wifi when a cable was broken by workmen close by   Since this happened I have had connection with Ethernet only No wifi  Believe a large area was covered by the loss of connection

thanks for any help solution

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wifi Connection with ethernet connected only

broken connection to your coax would effect wireless and wired. if you have wired connection then the fault is not the network. It may be your devices or the superhub/router.

Have you tested wireless on more then one device? if non have a signal make sure the wireless has not been disabled on the SH
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As apcyberax says a broken cable would affect your internet as a whole, not purely your Wi-Fi unless your device or router is faulty and/or the Wi-Fi disabled.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey macc70,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your wireless connection.

Am I right in thinking this is an external cable issue that is affecting your local area? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What is the latest with this? Have you had any updates or would you like me to investigate further.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos