Menu
Stu2468
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No internet secured Superhub 2

I feel like ive been going round and round in circles here hope someone can help. We are an average size family, with 10 - 12 items secured to the hub at any one time(2 pcs  and the rest android gadgets and a smart tv).

Three of the gadgets have 5ghz access,  the rest on 2.4ghz.. The pcs both run on 2.4ghz only. Every so often one of the gadgets will point blank refuse to access the router. It started with my sons xbox 360 and I had to keep turning the router on and off to get a connection. As a result I hard wired the xbox via ethernet and that is the only way it will work now without this annoying problem reoccurring.

However the problem  has now moved to my sons pc which comes up with the message no internet secured. I managed to fix this a few times by simply turning off the router, turning off the pc and then turning both back on and hey presto connected, however this no longer works. This morning the same message appeared on my partners laptop, so she reset the laptop and luckily it fired up again. Ive had the router for nearly 2 years and I have a feeling it may be on the way out?. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet secured Superhub 2

Hi Stu2468, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I am sorry to hear about your issues with some of your devices refusing to connect to the internet connection, this must be annoying so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I've had a look at things from here for you and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred range. As you mention that many of your devices are connected wirelessly, have you ever tried changing the operating channel? Often this will help if there is any wireless interference. Please have a look at this link for help on how to log into your Hub and make the changes.

Please let us know if this helps and have a great weekend.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sozedaghost
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I seem to be experiencing the same issues with regards to no internet secured, even after resetting the hub none of my devices will connect. Including the laptop on the Ethernet. IPv4 and IPv6 state no network access. It is very frustrating.

GraemeHH
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting exactly the same issue on Win10 laptop which up to a few days ago never had any issues. Reset hub, reset laptop, gets similar issue when I plug it in via Ethernet cable!

Win7 laptop connected OK although it looks like its connected via the smart TV which is on Ethernet cable.

Two Android phones connect OK.

0 Kudos
jamholder
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problem, did anyone find a solution? All devices in the house lose connection to the internet even though they are still connected to wifi, happens about every 10-15 minutes.

I have tried restarting the router, restarting the PC, connecting to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks, changing wireless channel (this has also been done by VM tech support at least twice and still has made no difference) and I don't know what other options there are. 

Any help would be extremely welcome as this problem has been ongoing and unsolved for about 3 months now!!!

0 Kudos