Menu
pixelpixel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No internet for the next 10 days

So my router decided to drop off the internet and is no longer connecting to the network. I called tonight to report the issue and was told that the next appointment would be the 12th.

So while I wait for an engineer to turn up if a cancelled appointment happens has anyone got any pointers for me.

Can I move my home phone to another provider or have I to send Virgin a letter to tell them to release the number ????

I am just looking at options regarding what would be the best for me. I pay nearly £80 a month and don't really see the value of it all.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No internet for the next 10 days

Hey pixelpixel,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I've just had another look at your connection, I can see the fault that the engineer mentioned. The reference is: F004846051 and it's due for review on the 22nd Feb. This fault is responsible for slow speeds during peak time hours.

I am really sorry for this, please keep in touch for progress updates.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
winnie16
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same for me! 

It took me over and hour to find out as i was passed from pillar to post, then promised a call back which never arrived so i has to call them back, Eventually found out that the router suddenly stopped connecting to the network and that i would have to wait 10 days until they can get an engineer out! 

The service - when it works - i have no problem with but it feels like more and more things go wrong. Keep an eye out for cancellations though, you may catch a break! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey both,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to read about the delayed engineer appointments, I completely appreciate how inconvenient this must be.

As it's been a while since your last post, I wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on now? If you're still having problems please get in touch with me via PM (purple envelope, top right) and I'll happily investigate further.

Apologies again for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
pixelpixel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:

Hey both,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to read about the delayed engineer appointments, I completely appreciate how inconvenient this must be.

As it's been a while since your last post, I wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on now? If you're still having problems please get in touch with me via PM (purple envelope, top right) and I'll happily investigate further.

Apologies again for this,

Take care.

Hello Heather,

The reason for the blackout was due to lack of Internet. I had no email notification for the thread.

The engineer arrived and I was told that my area had a high usage. I am not saying anything but this seems like one of the best I don't fancy doing anything stories from your engineer. If this was the case why even call out to the house ? Surely he could have called and resolved it over the phone ????

Well my internet has now returned at half the speed that it was last week. I still can't work from home as the connection is not reliable.

So where do I go next ????

Just noticed the router logs and I have some DHCP errors. "DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey pixelpixel,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I've just had another look at your connection, I can see the fault that the engineer mentioned. The reference is: F004846051 and it's due for review on the 22nd Feb. This fault is responsible for slow speeds during peak time hours.

I am really sorry for this, please keep in touch for progress updates.

Take care.

Heather_J