Menu
Hoecs
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No internet for 5 days in se14

Is anyone out having a huge outage? I've been with virgin for 6 years, am on vivid 200

My internet went off on Wednesday morning. I phoned up and they said there was no area fault so they said they'd send round an engineer on Friday afternoon.

Friday morning I get a text saying it's an area fault so they cancelled the engineer and they'd text me when it's fixed.

All day goes by and there's no status on the website so I phone again and am told there's no fault and I insist there is so they check and I'm assured it'll definitely be fixed by 4pm. Then nothing. I phone again and am told it will 100% be fixed by 8.45pm on Friday night. No fix.

So this morning there's a status that people are having trouble connecting with new connections (I'm not a new connection) and so I phone again and am told (after having to go through the thing where they tell me there's no fault before I make them check with the technical team) that there's no doubt it's going to be fixed by 11am. Then nothing.

So phone again and am told it'll be fixed by 8.45 tonight. Nothing.

Now it's 9.30 tomorrow morning.

So after 5 days without internet and being stuck in customer service hell I'd just like to know what the problem is? As in what's gone so wrong that they've left me without internet for 5 days and apparently can't fix it.

I've tried asking on twitter and they just tell me there's nothing wrong so I thought I'd try here....

Anyone else having the same problem?!
0 Kudos
Hoecs
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet for 5 days in se14

Just been told they now need to send an engineer out as it's now NOT an area fault after being told by everyone I've spoken to in the past five days it is.

So they cancelled my engineer on Friday (after I had to take a day off work) and now can't get one out to me until Thursday...

So that'll be 8 days without internet....

Feeling pretty messed about
0 Kudos
greenchicken
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, am I right in thinking you're in SE14?

We have had an interrupted connection for about two weeks. There is also a lengthy discussion on local FB group so it's obviously a problem affecting many others in the area.

Basically our YouView/Playstation constantly disconnects and connects seconds later. A message flashes up every time so it's hugely annoying. This happens for several hours a day but there's no pattern when. Last weekend we also had about two days with no connection at all.

Have tried to get sense out of the helpline but it's infuriating... last weekend told it was a fault with the router, this weekend spent 30mins on hold to be told something about an area fault that wasn't due to be sorted until end of April.

No idea what to try next...

0 Kudos
Hoecs
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yeah in SE14!

I have to say my internet is generally fine, but on Wednesday it just went off and has never come back on.

I guess I wouldn't mind so much if they could just tell me what the problem is and when they're planning on fixing it. Because as it is now they just seem clueless and not that bothered. If one more person I speak to tells me I need to just reset my router I'm going to scream.

As it is every time I talk to someone they tell me something completely different and am a bit annoyed they booked an engineer for Friday only for them to cancel it and tell me it's an area fault and they're fixing it, and then keep that up for 2 days before telling me I need an engineer again and they can't get one out for a few days.

And I know if I phone again they'll tell me something different. I wish I could just talk to someone who knows what they're talking about!

Thanks for your reply, it's weirdly comforting that I'm not the only one stuck in this annoying situation, although obviously I hope you (we) get it sorted asap
0 Kudos
greenchicken
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Look for the Telegraph Hill FB group, plenty of others in similar situation!

0 Kudos
Hoecs
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Day 6... just called and been told that there's nothing wrong on the system. I told them there clearly is something wrong as it wasn't just me, was just told again there's nothing wrong.... getting infuriating.
0 Kudos
Hoecs
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This isn't just bad internet... this is no internet...
0 Kudos