Menu
Jackson711
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection

I have been unable to connect my pc to internet for the past few weeks. I have tried using different browsers and have changed the Ethernet cable to try and establish if problem with cable. I get a message saying "local area connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I haven't changed any of the settings on my pc or installed any new software. I am able though to get wifi signal. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No internet connection

Hi, what version of windows you using? You would get this issue when your machine has trouble getting an IP lease, can any other devices get online?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, what version of windows you using? You would get this issue when your machine has trouble getting an IP lease, can any other devices get online?
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Jackson711
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been using windows 10 for last few months and had no problems. I am able to pick up the wifi signal from the modem on my phone and iPad 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Before doing more drastic action if you try and put win 10 in safe mode with networking and see if you can get online, this helps rule out a lot
0 Kudos