Menu
ainsleystokes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection from hub2ac through ethernet cable

Unable to connect PC (Mac) to the internet using a ethernet cable. Get the message 'Either the cable for the Ethernet is not plugged in or the device at the other end is not responding.'

Wireless works fine, have checked cable and connections. When I use a different router with hub in modem mode the connection works although speed is not as good. My daughter's laptop can use the cable without a problem.

It's not a huge problem but when traffic is busy on wireless it would be better to have the PC connected through cable. Wonder if it is worth asking to replace Hub or ask for upgrade to Hub 3?

Thanks - Ainsley

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No internet connection from hub2ac through ethernet cable

Hi ainsleystokes,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble. 

It sounds maybe like a faulty port I will order a new Hub out for you and it should arrive within the next 3-5 working days. (Please be aware I can only order like for like). 

Let us know how you get on once the new hub has arrived and been activated. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ainsleystokes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Emma - thanks.

Ainsley

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ainsleystokes,

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband connection not working, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, when the connection doesn't work is there any noticeable change to the Hubs light sequence?

Would you please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Speak soon,

Thanks,

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ainsleystokes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam - thanks for getting back to me. The issue re ethernet connection is still the same. The ethernet connection to my PC does not work at all (although it used to) and on the front of the hub the vertical line with arrow heads at either end flashes continuously. On the ports at the back of the hub, whichever port I plug the cable into the light does not come on or flash. I have a Hive hub and whichever port I plug that cable into the light comes on and it works perfectly. 

This lead me to think that the problem was with the cable or PC but when I have plugged the cable into a laptop I can get connection to the internet. As previously stated, when I use the Hub in modem mode, then I can connect the PC using ethernet cable! Strange. I have inserted screen shot of Hubs log.

Many Thanks - Ainsley

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ainsleystokes,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble. 

It sounds maybe like a faulty port I will order a new Hub out for you and it should arrive within the next 3-5 working days. (Please be aware I can only order like for like). 

Let us know how you get on once the new hub has arrived and been activated. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ainsleystokes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Emma - thanks.

Ainsley

0 Kudos
ainsleystokes
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6